Pillar is a collection of minigames representing different characters with unique personalities. Each character’s personality is expressed entirely through gameplay mechanics, so you’ll learn more about each person as you play! For example, introverts must limit their contact with others in a series of stealth puzzles, while extroverts must work together to restore light in an intimate snowy town. Pillar blends mind-bending puzzles with non-verbal storytelling that expresses philosophical themes entirely through gameplay.
Nintendo SwitchPlayStation 4Xbox OneSteam
Reviews and Recognition
- "...it tells a story without saying a word, truly a special thing in this modern age of boom, talk, boom games." - PlayStation LifeStyle
- "If you choose to see Pillar as a good looking 2.5D puzzle game with plenty of puzzles to solve, that's fine. Simplified, it is that. However, Pillar is about more and if you choose to dive a bit deeper into the meaning of what you're actually doing, it will make a lot of sense." - Softpedia
- "It's a concept that sounded pretty weird on paper, but developer Michael Hicks has somehow gotten it to work." - IndieGames
- "Not for everyone, but Pillar sets out with a goal and achieves them." - GameStyle
- "Michael Hicks did gorgeous, ethereal music for Pillar. It has a chance of becoming one of my favorite game soundtracks of all time." - Game Informer
- One of fifteen games showcased in the Indie Megabooth at GDC 2015.
Copyright © MichaelArts